CZ Smart YouQ technology is ingeniously designed to adapt and learn about your unique traits, behaviors, and actions. It leverages AI Models built with IBM Watson® Studio, which continues to improve in accuracy with each interaction, allowing you to uncover your true chronotype and establish a baseline to help you make the most of every moment of every day.
Morning enthusiast? Nighttime devotee? Somewhere in the middle? Your preference for the given times of day when you like to get things done and when you like to go to sleep and wake up is referred to as your chronotype. Your chronotype is closely associated with your circadian rhythms, which are your body’s internal clocks that govern the natural cycle of physical, mental, and behavioral changes your body goes through in a 24-hour cycle, including your sleep/wake patterns.
Understanding your chronotype is important because it helps determine when during the day you’re at your most energetic, alert, and productive and when you’re not. Sleep/wake patterns that are out of alignment with your chronotype due to things like travel, work schedules, and socializing can adversely affect your overall wellness and quality of life.
Misalignment with your chronotype can impact more than just your sleep quality; it can also lead to decreased productivity and cognitive performance. CZ Smart YouQ technology classifies chronotype misalignment according to three different levels of severity and duration: acute, chronic, and persistent. Acute misalignment occurs when an individual's sleep-wake cycle is disrupted for a short period, such as during a single night of sleep deprivation or after a single overnight shift. Chronic misalignment results when an individual's sleep-wake cycle is regularly disrupted over a period of time, such as in the case of shift work or jet lag. Persistent misalignment involves consistent misalignment between an individual's natural sleep-wake cycle and the external environment (and therefore an individual’s chronotype). This results in persistent blunting of energy peaks and drops, increased daytime sleepiness, and impaired executive function. Fear not, CZ Smart YouQ provides you with personalized recommendations (Power Fixes) to support you in staying aligned with your chronotype so you can be at your best all day every day.
Which one of the six chronotypes are you?
- Morning Go-getters kick off the morning feeling energized and most productive. As the day progresses, their energy levels diminish until it’s finally time to hit the sheets.
- Evening Enthusiasts start the day at their lowest energy levels. By afternoon they’re just starting to find their stride and by evening they’re at peak energy and alertness levels.
- Midday Dynamos tend to find their sweet spot in the afternoon when energy levels are at their highest point. They begin the day with low alertness and finish the day at medium energy levels.
- Early Bird Enthusiasts wake up on a high note feeling perky and productive. They tend to slip into an afternoon slump as energy levels diminish and then wrap up the day somewhere in the middle.
- Steady Achievers avoid rocking the boat by maintaining a consistent level of energy that’s not exceedingly high or low. They are comfortable and successful playing in the middle.
- High-Energy Hustlers never let up. They are always on the go and at the ready, charging ahead energized from morning to night.