The watch is not detected if the charging symbol (lightning bolt) is not visible. Try the below:
- Put the watch back on the charger
- Be sure that the four charger pins are fully connected and aligned with the grooves on the back of the watch case
- Check to confirm there is no gap between the watch and the charger and that nothing is impeding the connection
- Ensure the charger has access to power
- Try a different charger power source (e.g., from laptop port to wall outlet).
If your device gets too hot while charging, it will enter thermal shutdown ode to cool down and then will resume charging once available. If you see this happen, remove your watch from the charger and wait for it to cool down and charge again.
If you are not able to get your watch to power on, this could be due to an extended dead battery so allow your watch to charge for about 15 minutes. Once the watch has enough power it will turn back on and resume charging.